Black Sesame Noodles in Oriental Lobster Broth
The bonus that comes with a home cooked lobster dinner is that you get to keep the lobster shells, if you so wish, to make a tasty soup stock! One Friday evening, we had fresh steamed lobsters, miso clam soup, pumpkin mushroom risotto and steamed broccoli; I decided to save the leftover lobster shells for a future attempt at making lobster stock. I kept the heads and tails, discarding the broken and smaller shells, and doubled bagged them in freezer proof ziplock bags.
After perusing a few recipes, I decided to make a simple broth. Most recipes were for a bisque but I didn't feel like a heavier soup so I sort of made up my own. I started by sauteing chopped garlic, onion, ginger and shitake mushroom. This was followed by the lobster shells. Thereafter, I added water, salt, pepper and soy sauce to taste and let the broth simmer over low heat. This made a good tasty soup to which one can add noodles, vegetables and other seafood ingredients. I finished mine with black sesame noodles and Chinese leafy greens. Simple but good.

No comments:
Post a Comment